Parent Resources

Parent Resources

If a student is new to DACC, this form is the first step in the process. Once the New Student Information Form is entered by DACC Admissions, the student will be assigned a DACC ID, which will be used throughout the student's future activities at DACC.

The Dual Credit Permission form is required for each student enrolling in DACC classes for each semester. This is the form that the guidance counselor will use to register the student for the classes he/she will be taking.

High school juniors and seniors may enroll in dual credit classes. Sometimes a student who is a freshman or sophomore may wish to enroll in DACC classes. Guidance counselors should check their district policy regarding early enrollment. The "Request for Early Admittance for Freshman/Sophmores" must be completed prior to registration. The form lists academic requirements that must be met. Students and parents must be aware that high school students will be enrolled in classes with adults, and may be exposed to class content and discussions which normally occur in a college class. Any grades earned in these classes will be part of the student's permanent transcript at DACC.

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) (20 U.S.C. § 1232g; 34 CFR Part 99) is a Federal law that protects the privacy of student education records. The law applies to all schools that receive funds under an applicable program of the U.S. Department of Education. FERPA gives parents certain rights with respect to their children's education records. These rights transfer to the student when he or she reaches the age of 18 or attends a school beyond the high school level. Students to whom the rights have transferred are "eligible students." DACC must have written permission from the eligible student in order to release any information from a student's education. The Parent Access to Information Release form must be completed by the student before a parent can access the student's information.

It may be assumed that because a student has an IEP they automatically receive those same accommodations in their DACC classes. This is not the case. To request academic accommodations students should submit this form and meet with disability services as soon as possible after registering each semester.