Complaint Procedures

Consumer/Student Information


Licensure Information

Danville Area Community College has determined that its relevant programs comply with Illinois licensure requirements.


Title IX

When a student of the DACC community experiences a situation or a conflict in which the student thinks his/her rights have not been fully recognized or have been compromised in some manner, the student may resolve the conflict or his/her perceived grievance by following the College's process for the resolution of grievances. Grievances may be resolved on an informal basis or formal basis.  Every attempt will be made to resolve grievances at the point of origin on an informal basis.  However, students have the right to end the informal process at any time and begin the formal process.  Both the informal and formal processes with respect to Student Complaint/Grievances and Resolution Procedures are presented in the DACC Student Handbook.  Students may also contact the Provost and Vice President, Academic and Student Affairs (Dr. Carl Bridges, 217-443-8771, Vermilion Hall, Room 202) for guidance in the complaint/grievance process.

Any full or part-time student may submit a "formal" complaint in writing to the Provost and Vice President, Academic and Student Affairs (217-443-8771, Vermilion Hall, Room 202) or by submitting an electronic report through the DACC website at DACC Complaint/Grievance form.  The Dean will acknowledge receipt of the complaint, conduct an investigation, and respond to the student in a reasonable amount of time. Students may contact the Provost and Vice President, Academic and Student Affairs at any point in time for guidance or to file a report directly.  Additional parties may be included in the process based on College procedures noted in the DACC Student Handbook

The College expects students and stakeholders to utilize the college’s informal or formal grievance procedures to address their concerns and/or complaints.  However, if a student or stakeholder believes that the College has not followed their stated procedures or has not adequately addressed their concerns, the following entities may be contacted for further resolution:

It is also important to note that the College forbids retaliation against anyone reporting or involved in a reported complaint/grievance. If any student feels that he/she has been retaliated against, he/she is to notify the College’s general complaint officer, the Provost and Vice President, Academic and Student Affairs, Dr. Carl Bridges at 217-443-8771 or the College’s Affirmative Action Officer, Jill Cranmore, Director of Human Services at 217-443-8756.

Out-of-State Student Complaint Process

Sara Seal

Out-of-state online students should follow the same procedure. If the issue is not resolved locally first, out-of-state online students may file a complaint with the Illinois Community College Board.

Danville Area Community College participates in the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA), which is an agreement that establishes national standards for the offering of online courses and programs. If a complaint cannot be resolved internally, students may file a complaint with the state in which they reside.  In compliance with the Federal Department of Education regulations, Danville Area Community College provides a list of State Agencies with contact information for each state.