Any new, transfer, or returning student who has not attended DACC since 2010 must complete a student orientation before signing up for classes.
Whether you are attending an on-campus New Student Orientation or logging into the Online Student Orientation, you will need to fill out a Student Information Form to get you on the DACC system or, if you are returning student, to update your information.
To print a Student Information form, click on the following link http://www.dacc.edu/ar/application.
Summer/Fall 2016 registration begins April 1st. Students will be able to log-in to the online student orientation any time after receiving a student ID number.
Note: You must complete a student orientation either on-campus or online before you can sign-up for classes.
A DACC Orientation session covers the following:
- DACC programs and degrees
- DACC Departments/Services
- Financial Aid
- Placement Test information (such as the COMPASS)
- The Jaguar Spot (our Online Student Services portal)
- The Next Steps in Enrollment
How to Sign-Up for an Online Student Orientation (OSO)
- You will need to have your DACC student ID number to log-in to the Online Student Orientation.
- To obtain your student ID number, contact the Admissions office at 217.443.8800 after you have turned in your Student Information Form and an Admissions Specialist has put your information into the system.
- You will have to wait until after you have submitted your Student Information Form to receive your student ID number.
- Once you have your student ID number, you can log-in to the Online Student Orientation at the following link Launch This Orientation
- If you are having problems retrieving your student ID number or cannot log-in to the Online Student Orientation portal, please contact Cindy Peck at 217.443.8803 for assistance.
- Note: Students must answer at least 15/20 of the Final Test questions correctly in the Online Student Orientation to pass the orientation process. If you do not receive a 15/20, you must meet with the Director of Admissions and Records/Registrar, Cindy Peck, before you will be able to sign-up for classes.
How to Sign-Up for an On-Campus New Student Orientation (NSO)
If you feel like you would be more comfortable working with someone on campus, you can to sign up for an on-campus New Student Orientation.
- To sign up for an on-campus NSO, contact Cindy Peck at 217.443.8803 or Becky Doss at 217.443.8896
Online Learning Orientations
If a student has never taken a course online before, he or she is encouraged to access the Online Learning Orientation (INST-110) before participating in an online course. Orientations are offered in online and face-to-face formats. If you do not see the Orientation (INST-110) listed on your course schedule, contact your academic advisor to sign-up. This orientation will familiarize students with how to log-in to Blackboard - the portal used for most online classes here at DACC - how to communicate with instructors and fellow classmates, how to post assignments and discussions, and how to take quizzes and tests online. For more information, please refer to: http://www.dacc.edu/online
Fitness Center Orientations
If a student has signed up for one of the Fitness Center courses and has either never taken the class before or has not taken the course in over a year, he or she must attend a Fitness Center Orientation. At this orientation, students learn about the sign-in process and the proper way to use the exercise equipment in the Fitness Center. Students must wear work-out clothes to this orientation. Note: If a student does not attend a Fitness Center Orientation, he or she will be dropped from the Fitness Center course.