DACC Residency Information

Steps to follow to prove residency

If you have permanently moved into Community College District No. 507 and wish to establish residency with the College, you must provide the following 3 forms of documentation AT LEAST 30 DAYS PRIOR TO THE BEGINNING OF YOUR FIRST TERM.

  1. A Notarized AFFIDAVIT (see Residency Forms)


  1. A valid Illinois Drivers License, Illinois State Identification Card, or a Voter's Registration Card with your in-district address.
    Note: Bring your birth certificate and Social Security card to the Illinois Department of Motor Vehicles Office at 5 Southgate Drive, Tilton, IL. 217.442.1564. The office is CLOSED on Mondays. Bring 2 forms of ID (one needs to have your in-district address) to the Court House Annex which is located at 6 N. Vermilion, 217.431.2641.

AND one of the following:

  1. A lease, utility bill, bank statement, etc. showing your in-district address.

All three of the above documents must be dated 30 days prior to the beginning of your first term and must show your in-district address. Residency documents should be submitted to the Admissions Office (Vermilion Hall, Room 109) for final approval.

Students who move from outside the state or district and who obtain residence in the state or district for reasons other than attending DACC will be exempt for the "Steps to Prove Residency" listed above if they demonstrate through documentation a verifiable reason for establishing permanent residency. (Examples of reasons to change residency: marriage, full-time employment, purchased a new home in-district.)

A resident of Danville Area Community College District No. 507 is one who has an established permanent dwelling within the district. Residents of Community College District No. 507 will be charged the in-district rate as established by the College's Board of Trustees.

Map of Danville Area Community College District No. 507.

Out-of-District or Out-of-State students may qualify for special tuition rates if one of the following applies:

  • You live in one of these Indiana counties: Benton, Fountain, Montgomery, Parks, Tippecanoe, Vermillion or Warren
  • You are employed 35 hours or more per week in-district (written proof from employer is required)
  • You are enrolling in a vocational program that is not offered at the community college in your district (a letter of Authorization is required from your community college to receive partial tuition support)
  • You are enrolling in a vocational field of study that is an approved cooperative agreement program (written verification is requested)

Questions regarding this policy may be directed to the Admission Office at 217.443.8800


Upcoming Events