January 24, 2020
The Phlebotomy Techniques class for Spring 2020 starts on January 14 and ends April 9, 2020. The hybrid class meets on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons in Room 136 Bremer Conference Center. The actual class meeting schedule will be provided by the instructor.
Main Duties of a Phlebotomist
• Collecting blood in hospitals
• Traveling on blood drives in order to collect blood
• Performing Venipuncture
• Using finger stick to collect small quantities of blood
• Testing blood for iron levels
• Using a heel stick to butterfly needle to collect blood from infants
• Collecting blood from arteries near the wrist (specialized phlebotomists)
Class Dates: Tues. & Thurs., January 14-April 9, 2020
Class Times: 2:30PM-4:30PM
Course Fee: $450
Textbooks available in the bookstore
Visit www.dacc.edu/cce to register and pay on DACC’s website with a debit or credit card. There is a nominal fee to use a card as payment. Click on the Register Online link. Click on the Register for Corporate & Community Education Classes link. Enter phlebotomy in the Search For (Key Word) box and click Submit. Check the box next to the course you wish to register for and click Submit. Continue through the screens, completing required information until you can enter the credit card information
to successfully register for the course.
To pay with Cash or Check, please call (217) 443-8777 to learn how to Pay on-campus via the Cashier Office and Register via the Corporate and Community Education Office located in the Bremer Conference Center.