Transfer-in Credit Policy & Procedures: Evaluation of coursework from other colleges & Entities

Transfer-in Credit Policy & Procedures: Evaluation of coursework from other colleges & Entities

Danville Area Community College accepts 100-level and 200-level coursework from other postsecondary institutions who have been accredited by approved national, regional, and professional accrediting bodies. Accreditation shows that the institutions have been evaluated by recognized accreditors and are determined, by their peers, to meet acceptable levels of educational quality.

As part of the DACC application process, students are asked to send “official” transcripts from all institutions previously attended. Once the transcript is received by the DACC Records Office, the transcript is evaluated for credits applicable to the student’s declared major/program of study which will include any math or English credit for course placement. If the student has not indicated a program of study or is “undecided,” only the math and English credits will be evaluated. (Please Note: Students who have indicated “undecided” as their major/program of study are not eligible for Federal and/ or State student aid consideration.) After the evaluation has been completed, students will be able to view transfer-in credit via the myDACC/Self Service portal tool (see below for information) or by contacting the Records Office at 217- 443-8797. The evaluation will specify what the transferred coursework equated to at Danville Area Community College.

If a student updates/changes their major/program of study declaration or wants career-oriented (vocational) coursework to be evaluated, the student should contact the Records Office in Vermilion Hall to make the request. We will need to know the student’s specific major at that time.

Not more than forty-five credit hours will be accepted by transfer. The accepted coursework will also appear on the student’s DACC transcript. Only credit hours are noted on the DACC transcript. Grades are not figured in to the student’s DACC cumulative grade point average. However, if a student is a candidate for Summa Cum Laude honors at commencement, grades will be considered for any coursework that is used for degree completion.

Danville Area Community College will limit the academic residency to twenty-five percent or less of the degree requirement for all degrees for active-duty servicemembers and their adult family members (spouse and college-age children). Academic residency can be completed at any time while active-duty servicemembers and their family members are enrolled. Reservist and National Guardsmen on active-duty are covered in the same manner. Students who find themselves in the situations stated above will be referred to the Veterans Representative and/or Registrar for any assistance needed.

Illinois Articulation Initiative (IAI):

DACC is a participant in the Illinois Articulation Initiative (IAI), a statewide agreement that allows transfer of the completed Illinois General Education Core Curriculum between participating institutions. Completion of the transferable General Education Core Curriculum at any participating college or university in Illinois assures transferring students that lower-division general education requirements for an associate or bachelor’s degree have been satisfied. This agreement is in effect for students entering an associate or baccalaureate degree-granting institution as a first-time freshman in summer 1998 (and thereafter). More information about the Illinois Articulation Initiative is available online at or in the College's Advisement & Counseling office.