Transferring Credit From DACC

Transferring Credit From DACC

Transferring Credit from DACC:

Universities and colleges prescribe their own standards of eligibility for admissions with advanced standing. In general, a student may transfer from a community college to a senior college or university after one or more semesters of community college work, provided that their scholastic average is C or above. (Some universities will not accept a course grade of D.) It is urged that students determine early in their academic career the school to which they plan to transfer. A careful check should be made of admission and transfer requirements. Some institutions have a maximum number of credits completed threshold that students cannot go over. It is highly recommended that a student complete an Associate in Science (AS) or an Associate in Arts (AA), Associate of Engineering Science (AES), Associate in Fine Arts in Art (AF A) and Associate in Fine Arts in Art Education (AF AE) degree before transferring to a senior college or university. Note: Career-oriented courses are not designed primarily for transfer. Transfer of such courses will depend upon the policy of the school to which the student is transferring. A few of our career programs are articulated to a 2+2 or 3+ 1 program with another college/university.

How DACC Ensures Your Credit Transfers:

As a community college, one of our main goals is to ensure that our courses prepare students to transfer to senior institutions. With this in mind, the College follows the Illinois Community College Board (ICCB) regulations and has developed courses and transfer degrees that are based on the State’s Illinois Articulation Initiative (IAI) general education core curriculum. IAI is a statewide transfer agreement, which is transferable among more than 100 participating colleges and universities in Illinois.

DACC promotes and utilizes Transferology is a nation-wide network designed to help students explore their college transfer options. The goal is to save students time and money by providing a quick, intuitive way of getting their college transfer credit questions answered. Students can answer the question, “Will my courses transfer?” by adding coursework, exams, and/or military learning experiences to see how many schools in the Transferology network have matching courses that may be awarded when they transfer. Students may also find out their options for taking classes over the summer (or whenever) at another school to transfer back to their current school by using the “Find a Replacement Course” feature.

Transfer Credit Guarantee:

The Transfer Guarantee promises that any course taken and approved by DACC will transfer to the college or university that the student has selected. If a course which has been approved does not transfer, the College will refund the tuition and fees for the course. Three steps must be in place to qualify for the credit transfer guarantee:

  1. Students must register with a DACC Academic Advisor;
  2. Students must know what their major/program of study is; and
  3. Students must know what institution they are transferring to.

If all three of these requirements have been followed and a course does not transfer to a senior institution, the student is eligible to receive the Credit Transfer Money Back Guarantee.

University Transfer Curriculum Guides

The first two years of most baccalaureate programs can be completed at DACC. Specifi c transfer curriculum guides are in place for students entering some of the more popular programs at the most admired four-year colleges and universities. DACC has created these guides to facilitate the transfer process for our students. These guides are available online at They are listed fi rst by academic year, then by transfer school, and finally by major. This is not a finite listing of available areas of study. If there is a major that is not listed, a transfer plan can be developed between the student, the desired transfer institution, and a DACC advisor. For more information, contact an Academic Counselor or Advisor in Lincoln Hall, Room 104.