Loans and Grants

Loans and Grants

Danville Area Community College participates in need-based programs. The US Department of Education and the State of Illinois supports these programs. Descriptions of these need-based programs are as follows:

Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC)

A resident of Illinois (who is a US citizen or permanent resident of the United States), enrolled in an eligible program at Danville Area Community College, and demonstrating financial need as determined by the Illinois Student Assistance Commission, may receive a grant of up to full tuition. There is no separate State application, a student need only indicate Illinois residency, to be considered for the monetary award when the FAFSA is completed. The college notifies the student of eligibility. (Note: Dependent student's parent must be an Illinois resident).

Federal Pell Grant

The Pell Grant is available to eligible students at Danville Area Community College. To apply you must:
Complete the FAFSA application for financial aid. The application is via the Internet at The resulting family contribution will be used to determine your eligibility for all financial aid programs.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant Program (FSEOG)

This program is for students with exceptional need. This is determined from the results of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as those students with a zero (0) Expected Family Contribution (EFC). Those eligible are notified by the college. Not all applicants with a zero (0) EFC will be awarded FSEOG. Funds are limited and awards vary each award year.

Federal College Work-Study Program (FCWS)

Students are eligible to participate in the College Work-Study Program if they qualify under the following terms:

  • applied for financial aid using the FAFSA
  • in need of earnings determined by student's financial aid budget calculation
  • capable of doing college work
  • accepted for enrollment as a student or already in good standing as an undergraduate student.

Students in good standing may be employed by Danville Area Community College for up to 20 hours per week. The beginning pay rate for DACC student employees is the same as the Federal minimum wage.

Students interested in student employment should apply online at Human Resources website

Federal Direct Education Loan Program (DL)

To be eligible to apply for any of the Title IV student loans you must:

  • Apply for financial aid using the FAFSA, have the FAFSA results verified as accurate and complete the DACC Loan Request Form accurately
  • Be enrolled in an eligible program in at least half-time enrollment status
  • Meet DL Program Regulations per 34 CFR part 668
  • All previous college's official grade transcripts must be submitted to the Records Office and be evaluated for "transfer in" credits.

Additional information regarding the Federal Direct Stafford Loan Program (DL subsidized and unsubsidized)

  • Repayment begins six months after the student graduates, leaves school or drops below half-time enrollment.
  • Loans cannot be certified until after the add/drop period of the semester.
  • Loan disbursements are made in two checks (one per semester) released no earlier than thirty days after the beginning of the semester.
  • Federal regulations for First Time borrowers (after July 1, 2013) may impact the eligibility to borrow or amount to borrow. The School will notify students if applicable.

Important Processing Notice:

34 CFR Section 668.202(e)(1) of the Federal Direct Education Loan (DL) Program provides that a school may refuse to certify a DL Stafford or PLUS loan application or may reduce the borrower's determination of need for the loan if the reason for that action is documented and provided to the student in writing provided the determination is made on a case-by-case basis.

The DACC FA staff do not use the FAFSA results to determine if a student will request a Stafford Loan. It has been the staff's experience that many students do not understand this question nor answer it properly. It is staffs summation that a student must know the whole of the cost at the school as well as their funding resources before making the determination a Stafford loan is needed.

A student who completes the DACC Stafford Loan Request Form (provided with their Award Letter, or in bulk in FAO Lobby or on-line) and submits it to the DACC FAO it will be reviewed for eligibility for the program.

Federal Direct Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (DL-PLUS)

Parents may borrow for their undergraduate students. Parents would be eligible to borrow up to the cost of education minus any financial aid. Contact the Financial Aid office for further information.

Division of Rehabilitation Services (DORS)

Students qualified to receive this aid should contact their local Office of Vocational Rehabilitation.

Veterans’ Educational Benefits

Beginning August 1, 2019, Danville Area Community College will not take any of the four following actions towards any student using U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Post 9/11 G.I. Bill or Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment benefits, while their payment from the United States Department of Veterans Affairs is pending to the educational institution.

  • Prevent their enrollment
  • Assess a late penalty fee to;
  • Require they secure alternative or additional funding
  • Deny their access to any resource available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fee bills to the institution

GI Bill© is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at

  1. Montgomery GI Bill© (Chapter 30).
  2. Post 9/11 GI Bill© (Chapter 33).
  3. Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31).
  4. Veterans’ Educational Assistance Program VEAP (Chapter 32).
  5. Survivor and Dependents Education (Chapter 35).
  6. Illinois National Guard/Selected Reserve members (Chapter 106).
  7. Illinois Veteran's Grant (IVG).
  8. Illinois National Guard (ING).