DACC Campus Security
Call 443-8888 (x8888 on campus)
The Safety and Security Officer is responsible for taking the necessary steps in promoting and maintaining a safe environment for Danville Area Community College.
- Provide safety and security through parking and traffic enforcement and routine patrol.
- Monitor and maintain security surveillance systems on campus.
- Conduct safety drills.
- Investigate incidents on campus and work with local law enforcement to resolve matters of criminal nature.
- Investigate complaints from students and visitors of incidents occurring on campus and relay pertinent information through proper administration.
- Work with alarm monitoring company and fire safety system providers to ensure system safety checks are current.
- Provide safety escorts to students, faculty, staff, and visitors upon request.
- Enforce Parking Rules and Regulations
- Provide security for events on campus:Provide customer service and assistance to staff, students, and visitors with vehicle problems.
- Basketball Games
- Campus and Community Events
- Provide customer service and assistance to staff, students, and visitors with vehicle problems.
- Jump Start Cars
- Provide Lock-Out assistance
- Assist with flat tires
DACC Faculty and Staff Emergency Response Handbook
Active Shooter Preparedness
2012 Crime Stats